Friday, December 28, 2007

Marching Onward

It has been some months now, since I've used this Blog page, once Beginnings was completed I didn't have much use for it. This Blog spot, however, appears to be a good tool by which I can remain in contact with those whom, otherwise, I'm unable to do so. And that is reason enough for me to start my page up again.

Since my last post, I've been through the drudgery of Finals...halfway through, then off for Christmas break. I'll have two more finals awaiting when I return to school, oh the joy. But next semester holds it's own challenges, including needing to register for classes... *ugh* But if I can look forward to anything with hope, it is because of this: His mercies are new every morning.

I certainly need a refreshment of Mercy, more than my desperate need for sleep.

I find myself choking on my words, words long withheld, and perhaps too hastily spoken now that the opportunity arises. But it makes me wonder: When ought wisdom be silenced? When should honesty break free? What is temperance of truth? Do we misunderstand "Speaking Truth in Love." By Christ's example, time and time again, He speaks Truth in blunt, honest terms which many didn't want to hear, few could believe, or at times none understood. Jesus spoke Truth into many situations; lives filled with hypocrisies, to His disciples--whom He called fools, in defense of those outcast by society, of Love to those who never knew it. He did not speak outright
only when He was called to defend Himself...the rest of His life, Truth oftentimes came in the form of correction, spoken out of love but never sugar-coated.

Just what's inside my head.
We're in for a crazy year, and it's only just beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment