Monday, December 31, 2007

Lessons

You may of course correct me if I'm wrong, but I am learning to realize that knowing people, and loving them, puts no limit on the pain they can cause. Trusting them in spite of that is part of love, to an extent...but trust is also earned--my father taught me that. Love and trust are not always equal, or necessarily synonymous. I am learning what it means to choose to trust, and how to truly let things go. I've had to let go of friendship, get over the fact that friends don't always remain...but now I have to allow for one to understand that we cannot pick up where we left off, because that is gone...and now more than ever I need to be patient--if ever I hope for restoration.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! Sounds serious. Hope you're doing alright. You always will have a listening ear. :-)

    ReplyDelete