Wednesday, November 14, 2007

don't know

so...

I've lost track of what our topic is...
but we've been talking alot about Judgement, and Acceptance,And if i remember correctly, most recently, God Honoring Diversity....that's right...the APU fac. interview video.

pretty much i thought this week was lame, which is sad, because I LOVE culture, i love the time i spent overseas, and there's a reason I considered a minor in Sociology...i think all the talk about culture and race and fear is confusing the issue. Racism (which we talked about a few weeks ago) is the cause of fear, even if someone's not "a raciest", it is because there was such vast racism there is a lack of knowledge of other races, and their cultures. Because there is a lack of knowledge there is fear--people fear what they do not know...when we should be in awe of God's creativity.

I'm Norse/Irish in heritage...i love it, the literature, cultural history, the land....i can't wait to go back to the isles.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. I definitely like your comment about people are afraid of what they do not know. How true is that?!?! We totally shun people out when we know nothing about them. We always seem to want to stick to the familiar. odd. seems like things would never advance if we continued this way.

    ReplyDelete