"Who am I--you really want to know?" (Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Spider-Man.) To answer this, I could refer you to my Facebook URL, or my personalized Myspace page, or direct you to any number of my friends--each is updated frequently--and at various times they might give you a different and more complete aspect of myself. Or perhaps you may conclude I'm schizophrenic. But let me begin by telling you what I tell everyone: my name is LinsiNicole.
In a word I'm creative. I live in a constant state of procrastination, because I'm always thinking of 'better things to do.' (Things are better if they are more fun, more fun=more friends, or more food, and always laughter.) Movies are quality time, and Denny's at 3:am is always my idea of dinner...again. This is the part of me that is easy to love, and hard to miss, is often loud and has the uncanny ability to quote Disney characters...it says, almost shouts: I am
artistic, a comic-book fan, Batman addict, food lover, movie-goer, spontaneous, and a whole lot of fun.
But just as every novelty hero has an Alter-Ego (though I'll never claim a heroin-title, even though I have a cool story of when I saved someone's life), I too have an facet of my personality that could perhaps be best encapsulated by comic persona, Kurt Wagner/NightCrawler (Uncanny X-Men, created by Stan Lee). Compassionate, introverted, and with a stead-fast faith; the work of forgiveness and healing, transformation of years spent ostracized and misunderstood. While I'm grateful I don't have the same blue fur, yet do covet the ability to teleport from one space to another, the story of Kurt's past is one I'm very familiar with. Suffering that has shaped compassion, pain has healed into the ability to love, forgiveness begets understanding. I am also these things: Adopted, undeniably different, quick to listen, eager to understand, a shoulder to cry upon, a friend in need, loyal to a fault, honest, always only a phone call away.
So there's my introduction, but if you really want to know me, spend some time with me...that's my favorite thing! Spending time with people, getting to know them, making memories, sharing life stories, laughter, food, and fun.
Well I said it before, and I'll say it again: I love the maturity and wisdom that you offer!! People could learn so much from you. "Suffering turned to compassion, and pain the ability to love." Wow. So insightful and humble to look at life from that perspective!
ReplyDeleteI am really excited about getting to know you as well LinsiNicole!!
And I think I foresee a Batman/Spiderman movie time in our future!! :)